When planning an event, choosing the right event management platform is essential. There are many different factors to consider when making this decision, such as the price, the features available, and the level of customer support.
You also need to make sure that the platform you choose is reliable and easy to use so that you can focus on putting on a great event!
Price is one of the most important factors when choosing an event management platform. Depending on your budget, you may want a free or low-cost option or be willing to invest more in a premium platform. However, it is essential to remember that you get what you pay for – so don’t sacrifice features or customer support just to save a few dollars.
Pricing Models for Event Management Platforms
There are four main pricing models for event management platforms: subscription-based, Pay As You Go (PAYG), enterprise, and custom. Let’s take a look at each one in more detail.
- Subscription-Based Pricing Model: This pricing model charges a monthly or annual fee for access to the platform. The fee gives you unlimited access to all the features and functionality of the platform. This is a good option if you regularly use the platform for multiple events.
- Pay As You Go (PAYG) Pricing Model: This pricing model charges a fee per event. The fee includes access to all the features and functionality of the platform for that event. This is a good option if you only need the platform occasionally for one-off events.
- Enterprise Pricing Model: This pricing model is designed for businesses that need unlimited access to the platform for a total number of events. The price is generally calculated based on the number of users or events. This is a good option if you have a large business with multiple employees using the platform frequently.
- Custom Pricing Model: This pricing model is customized specifically for your business needs. The price is based on factors such as the number of users, events, and features required. This is a good option if you have specific requirements that other pricing models can’t meet.
Another essential factor to consider is the features offered by the different event management platforms. You may want to look for features like online registration and ticketing, event marketing and promotion tools, event website builder, and analytical reporting.
Types of Event Management Platforms
The first step in choosing an event management platform is to understand the different types of platforms that are available. Here are some of the most popular options:
- All-In-One Platforms: All-in-one platforms offer a comprehensive solution for event planners. These platforms typically include many features, from online registration and ticketing to event marketing and promotion tools. All-in-one platforms are an excellent option for planners who want a one-stop solution for their event planning needs.
- Online Registration and Ticketing Platforms: Online registration and ticketing platforms offer a streamlined solution for planners who want to streamline the registration and ticketing process. These platforms typically include online registration forms, ticketing capabilities, and payment processing options.
- Event Marketing and Promotion Tools: Event marketing and promotion tools help planners market their events and sell tickets. These platforms typically include email marketing tools, social media integration, and analytical reporting.
- Event Website Builder: Event website builders help planners create professional websites for their events. These platforms typically include templates, drag-and-drop capabilities, and integrations with other event-planning tools.
- Analytical Reporting: Analytical reporting tools help planners track their event’s performance metrics. These platforms typically include data visualization capabilities, real-time updates, and exportable reports.
3. Customer Support
When choosing an event management platform, it is essential to consider the level of customer support offered by the platform. If you run into problems while using the platform, you will want to know that there is someone available to help you solve them. The best platforms offer live chat or 24/7 phone support.
Customer support is vital for event management platforms because problems can arise anytime.
If you are using the platform to manage a large event, such as a conference or trade show, then you may need help troubleshooting issues that occur during the event. Having customer support available 24/7 ensures that someone can assist you if problems arise.
The level of customer support offered by an event management platform can make or break your experience with the platform. If you run into problems and no one can help you, it can cause delays and frustration.
Therefore, choosing a platform that offers excellent customer support is essential. Live chat and 24/7 phone support are the best options for ensuring someone is always available to help you solve problems.
4. Reliability and Ease of Use
If you’re planning an event, big or small, the last thing you want is your event management platform to crash on the day of the event. That’s why it’s so important to choose a platform that is known for being stable and user-friendly.
In addition to being user-friendly, your event management software must be reliable. You need to count on it to do what it’s supposed to do when it’s supposed to do it.
The Importance of Choosing a Reliable Event Management Platform
As an event planner, you know that a million things can go wrong on the day of an event. That’s why choosing an event management platform known for being stable and reliable is essential. You need to be able to count on your platform to do what it’s supposed to do when it’s supposed to do it.
There are a lot of event management platforms like Cvent or Cvent’s alternative out there, and not all of them are created equal. Some platforms are more reliable than others. Some are easier to use than others. And some have better customer service than others. It’s essential to take all of these factors into consideration when choosing an event management platform.
The Importance of Choosing a User-Friendly Event Management Platform
In addition to being reliable, your event management platform needs to be user-friendly. You don’t want to spend hours figuring out how to use the software on the day of your event. Look for a platform that is easy to use and comes with step-by-step instructions or customer support that can help you if you run into any problems.
Choosing the right event management platform is integral to planning a successful event. There are many factors to consider, such as price, features, and customer support. It is also essential to ensure that your chosen platform is reliable and easy to use. Considering all of these factors, you can find an event management platform that will meet your needs.