If you have an idea about developing a taxi app, this article is for you! According to Mordor Intelligence, the taxi booking market accounted for 40% in 2017. And this number will continue to grow due to the increased growth of ridesharing services worldwide. So, what will guarantee a successful taxi app development? Is there the need to collaborate with a taxi software development company? The answers to both these questions you’ll find in this article.
There are 5 main steps that you have to keep in mind for taxi app development:
- Find Target Audience;
- Conduct Technical Research;
- Craft Taxi Booking Documentation;
- Start Taxi App Development;
- Initiate Product Deployment.
Once you’ve completed all these stages, it’s important to know what features your product should contain. We’ve picked them up for you below:
- GPS Ride Tracker. This option helps passengers track their journey from the pickup to drop-off locations. Besides, it’s possible to see a driver’s route on the map integrated into a taxi app.
- Fare Estimator. Users can view an approximate cost of taxi services with this feature. The fare estimator is a useful taxi app functionality for users, as it intends to choose a suitable ride at a lower cost.
- Various Payment Methods. A successful taxi app should include different payment methods like credit, debit cards, mobile wallets, cash, and many others. In general, such an option allows users to try multiple modes of payment, making their traveling experience more comfortable and convenient.
- Track Service History. It aims to show a detailed history of rides within a specific time. Every passenger could see a report about where he or she took a ride and how much did it cost.
- Book For Others. The passengers book rides for their friends, parents or relatives. This functionality is similar to the option known as book now ride later, allowing users to schedule their time for a ride.
- Favorite Routes. Users can select and save their popular destinations on the taxi app – be it a home address, restaurants, a job office, and many others. This feature is suitable for those passengers who travel to the same places several times.
- Carpooling Option. It enables users to share their taxi ride with the other passengers. A carpooling option offers different prices for a trip, allowing clients to choose how much money they want to pay for a journey.
You’ve already got acquainted with the main taxi app features and steps for its development. And if you don’t have enough software developers in your company or want to save some money, there are two engagement models of cooperation – outsourcing and dedicated team. So, what are they? Outsourcing is the type of working relationship between a vendor and a client company. It’s effective when you have a long-term project with a fixed budget. A dedicated team is used when you need to hire several software developers for your company.
Taking into account all the mentioned taxi app functionalities and methods of working cooperation, you’ll definitely launch a successful product in 2020.