Presentation for the diploma is an optional, but desirable part of the defense of the written work. The presentation will help you to reveal the topic of scientific work more extensively and clearly. Using prepared slides, it is much easier to tell your speech and at the same time demonstrate information from your research. Typically, presentations are prepared in the Microsoft PowerPoint program. Although this type of work is creative, you should still follow certain rules.
The requirements for a presentation are quite strict and you should remember about them. Your grade can be decreased only because you didn’t use a proper citation style. Sometimes it is much easier and reasonable to address custom paper writing service and get a perfectly done presentation in the shortest time. It is a good possibility for students to get rid of unnecessary worries. However, if you want to do it by yourself, it is necessary to know the rules.
General Presentation Requirements
Here are several important tips that will be extremely helpful:
- The background of the presentation should be filled with light, neutral colors with contrasting black text. The audience should not be distracted by an abundance of bright colors and an immeasurable amount of animation.
- The font should be well-read on the slides, that is, you need to make it large enough. The font size of the main text should be approximately 24 and the headings should be 36. But it is completely up to you!
- The text on the slides must be placed always horizontally.
- Schemes, tables, and diagrams do not need to be described on slides. It is enough to indicate the name. You will describe everything during the defensive speech.
- It is reasonable to highlight important details in tables and diagrams with bright colors.
- The number of slides for the presentation of the thesis could be different so you need to follow your instructions. The presentation time should not exceed 10 minutes.
- The first and last slides should provide with the fact-finding information. The first slide indicates the same data as on the title page of the thesis.
- Be sure to check the text of the presentation for errors and typos. Indeed, against a light background, a large contrasting text stands out and any blot will be immediately noticeable.
- In order not to be distracted by listing the slides during the speech, we recommend contacting a friend. He or she will support you and will click through the slides when necessary. It is only advisable to rehearse the presentation speech in advance.
What Slides To Use In The Presentation?
The first and last slides, as we said earlier, are a kind of title page. The second slide is the one that presents the relevance of this scientific research. Information can be taken from the introduction of the thesis. The main thing is not to forget about the brevity of the information. Next, the subject of the thesis is indicated. On the following slides, you need to talk about the goals and objectives of the study and the problems that they solve.
You can also indicate the basic concepts and terms, highlighting the quotes used in the scientific part of your thesis. Next, it is worth presenting tables, graphs, diagrams and other supporting elements from the practical part of the thesis. These slides should explain the topic of your scientific research and contain exclusively truthful information.
For the successful defense of the thesis, we recommend immediately writing a speech for each slide when preparing a presentation. It should be borne in mind that the duration of each slide should be approximately the same. That is, you need to correctly distribute information in the presentation and report. The main thing is not to forget that speech should be consistent and concise.